History was made September 2-6, 1982 in a filming studio in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada, as the life and magic of Dai Vernon was permanently recorded for future generations. Inspired by Bill Larsen, the project was undertaken by Videonics, owned and operated by Hans Zahn. The co-hosts of the filming project were Michael Ammar, Gary Ouellet and Steve Freeman.
L & L Publishing has now taken this original footage, digitally re-mastered it and released it on 8 downloads. Not only can we learn by actually seeing and hearing the Professor at work, but our great grandchildren and their great grandchildren will be taught that most elusive of crafts by the grandest master of them all.
Some of the important points to be considered are:
* The format is that of a jam session, with Vernon discussing his tricks, moves and routines, and generally holding court.
* All the moves, techniques, routines, tips and handlings discussed are actually performed by Vernon or one of the co-hosts, along with a complete explanation.
* Roughly half of the subjects covered relate to the published record; half the material was new and disclosed for the first time (at the time of the video shoot).
* Many times, Vernon teaches important new techniques on the Vernon classics, including improvements, or previously undisclosed handlings, even as regards the famous Stars of Magic effects.
* Some world famous routines, such as the Coins in Champagne Glass or the Fred Kaps Coins and Silk (invented by Vernon and taught to Kaps) are publicly revealed.
* Important revelations about the Erdnase techniques, which Vernon has spent a lifetime studying, form a major part of the material.
The idea behind these videos was to capture Vernon live so future magicians can experience him.
No magician should miss these videos. Dai Vernon was the Dean of modern magic and he shares great things on these tapes.
Gary Ouellet Intro
The Harlequin Act
How Vernon Met Frances Rockefeller King
Magician Spies on Vernon
J. K. L. M.
Dr. Daley’s Notebook
The Book, “Our Magic”
Cardini’s Talking Act
The History of Silhouettes
Vernon Cuts a Silhouette
Twenty Dollar Gold Piece
Gary Ouellet Intro
King of Koins
Jarrow Plays London
Closing of his Act
Partner in his Act
Malini Block of Ice
Fred Keating Canary Story
The Manner In Which Tricks are Presented
Larry Grey Follows Hobos
High School Dance
Lance Burton at the Body Shop
Garrick Spencer / Academy of Magic
Allen Kennedy Center Deal
Teaching John Scarne the Center Deal
Vernon Takes Ted to See Allen Kennedy
Mrs. Vernon Meets Mexican Joe
The Greek Gambler
The Hold-Up Story
Jack Benny Joke
Meeting Dan Cummings at Restaurant
Takes the Touch of a Billiard Player
Frank Tobey / Vernon Sees Faro Shuffle
for the First Time
One Arm MacDonald – The Diamond Ring
$100 Ace Trick
Davis the Miracle Man
There are no reviews yet.